Heavy Horse Pulls
General Rules and Regulations for Draft Horse Pulls
Sunday, July 29th, 2018
Judge: Junior Bernard
Crapaud Exhibition Association Inc. sincerely thanks all the contributing sponsors for their support of this event, especially Summerside Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram, KenMac Energy Inc. and Mel’s Convenience Stores of PEI, Agro Co-Op Association Ltd. Charlottetown, Metro Home Building Centre, Charlottetown PEI Draft Horse Association, Kennedy Metals Inc. Pleasant Valley, Clow’s General Store & Wilson’s Gas Hampshire, Fair Isle Ford-Lincoln Charlottetown & Montague, Summerside Home Hardware Building Centre, Phillips Agri Services Charlottetown, Maritime Pet Foods Inc. Rose Valley
Details and Rules for Draft Horse Pulls
- Crapaud Exhibition Association will hose a 12 foot pull on Sunday, July 29th, 2018 at 1:00 PM
- Maritime owned teams will be eligible for the 2018 event.
- A maximum of 24 teams will be permitted; first 24 entries received will have priority.
- Teams must be weighed in between 10:30 AM and 12:00 Noon, July 29th, 2018.
- Horse Pullers are to enter exhibition grounds via driveway next to the Red Rooster Restaurant.
- PEI Horse Pullers Association 12 foot rules will be in effect and strictly adhered to. A copy of rules will be given to each teamster at time of weigh-in, if so requested.
- Horse owner/teamster must show proof of valid Liability Insurance at time of weigh-in.
- Pulls will have 3 divisions: Light (2900 lbs or less), Medium (2901 lbs to 3300 lbs), and Heavy (3301 lbs and over).
- Prizes will be awarded for each division: 1st – $200 plus special ribbon, 2nd – $150 plus special ribbon, 3rd – $100 plus special ribbon, all others – $50.
- In addition to the above prices, special awards will be presented to:
- Most Sportsmanlike Teamster
- Best Teamster’s Assistant
- Best Harnessed Team of the Event
- No entry fee required. There will be free admission for person driving truck hauling a pull team, all others will pay a $5.00 admission.
- In case of rain delay of Saturday events, horse pulls will be delayed until after the lawn tractor and 4-WD truck pull has been completed.
- Teams must be pre-registered by July 16th, 2018.
Registration Form Available here: Draft Horse Pull Entry Form 2018