Prince Edward Island Potato Peeling Competition
Sponsored by Mid Isle Farms and PEI Potato Board
The Crapaud Exhibition Potato Peeling Competition will be held on July 28, 2018 at approximately 4:30 PM in the Crapaud Actiplex.
1st – $75 2nd – $50 3rd – $25
The winner will also receive a keeper trophy and have their name put on the Exhibition Potato Trophy that will be on display at the Actiplex all year. Aprons, gloves, and peelers are supplied. However, you are permitted to use your own gloves and peelers. Please bring your passer and some fans to cheer you on!
Potato Peeling Rules and Regulations:
- Contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- We can accommodate 20 contestants. Some spaces are left open for registration on Exhibition day.
- Contestants can use peeler of choice (paring knife or potato peeler), but no changes can be made during the competition.
- The time will not be allowed to stop. The contestants can take a break, but the clock will continue to tick for 10 minutes.
- The potatoes will be weighed for most pounds peeled in ten (10) minutes, not the number of potatoes peeled.
- All qualifying potatoes must be peeled clean.
- Potatoes must e peeled to an acceptable standard as set by the judges.
- If a contestant should cut himself/herself, and bleeding occurs, he or she must willingly withdraw from competition or otherwise face disqualification from the judges.
- Judges’ decision is final.
To pre-register, please contact Catherine Ferguson at:
2017 Winners were:
- First: Kris MacEwen
- Second: Peter Bevan-Baker
- Third: Brad Trivers