Sultana Cake, believed to be of British/Scottish origin, is named because Sultana raisins are the main ingredient. This cake was often served with afternoon tea. It is sweet, affordable, and has a shelf life if stored in a cool place.
||Cakes must be in place at Crapaud Exhibition Actiplex on Saturday, July 27th, 2019 and will become property of the Crapaud Exhibition.
Sultana Cake Contest Details:
- Use approximately 8 inch round or square cake pan.
- Do not ice your cake. It can have a light powdered sugar cover or a thin glaze.
- No cake mixes or commercial cakes.
- Sultana Raisins (dark or golden) only fruit to be used.
- Have your name and phone number with the cake.
- Winner’s name may be written in the newspaper or posted on social media.
- Cakes will be judged on:
- Appearance: 20%
- Texture: 20%
- Even Distribution of Ingredients: 20%
- Taste: 40%
- The judges’ decision is final.
- One winning cake will receive a top prize of $60.00 and will be auctioned off. Remaining cakes will be sold at a set price or served to the public.
For more information, contact Catherine Ferguson at (902) 658-2026 or via email at email@example.com
Last Years Winner: Marilyn Sentner – Bundt Cake